M.Ed., M.A. (Trinity), Dip. Comp.Sci. (Post Grad.), CIM Marketing Dip. (with Distinction)
Professional Certified Executive and Team Coach (ICF, AoEC)
From senior executives to Board level, I focus on helping leaders to look more closely at ‘how’ they lead, equipping them with improved skills and strategies to inspire, impact and influence their teams, their colleagues and their key stakeholders. The result is a more adept leader whose executive presence increases team performance and business profitability. I am highly effective at developing individual and team potential and ensuring that these leaders and their teams bring greater levels of confidence and more commercial success to their organisations.
Since 2000, I have worked with senior executives, directors, high potential individuals and teams at Board and Operating Board levels in many major blue-chip companies, including Dell, Microsoft, HSBC, RBS, Smith & Nephew, State Street, Oracle, Agilent Technologies, DSM, CIMA, AbbVie, EMC and Motorola. I also work with Public Sector organisations such as the NHS and Local Government. Prior to becoming an executive coach, I spent 20 years in senior management positions in some of the UK’s leading high tech organisations, including BT, Energis and Kewill. I worked for a number of years as a global Dragon’s Den coach, successfully coaching top scientists across the world on presenting their breakthrough innovative drugs and preparing them for the “Den”. In recent years, I was invited by McKinsey, Wisdom 8 and The Marketing Academy to work with one of twelve chosen Fellows being groomed as the next CEO’s in global blue chip companies.
Feedback from clients give an insight into my style which is “incredibly supportive but challenging when you need it!”…” Totally trustworthy and highly experienced”…”Cheers you on but expects the best of you”…”Great partner”. Other clients say they chose me because of my extensive and complementary commercial knowledge, as well as my coaching and facilitation expertise. My work with multinational companies across a wide variety of business sectors and industries has taken me throughout Europe, North America and Asia. I have coached more than 35 nationalities in forty different countries. My main areas of coaching and facilitation cover:
- Executive and leadership coaching of senior executives, from developing the emotional intelligence of the more introverted leader to helping leaders make the transition to more senior roles, equipped with effective strategies to lead successfully.
- Mentoring of high potential individuals, with particular expertise in accelerating executives to Director and VP levels.
- Team coaching and facilitation, with an emphasis on cultivating highly effective teams at Board and Operating Board levels that can then inspire all other areas of their organisation and improve overall profitability.
- Improving the ability of Global Leaders to scale and communicate across regions and continents
- Profiling of individuals, teams and cultural climates within organisations
- Strengthening capabilities and ensuring retention of key talent.
- Leading customised workshops for leaders on developing Impact and influence, emotional intelligence, personal effectiveness and executive presence.
In my spare time, I love to travel as far and wide as possible with my family or friends. I particularly love walking on the seashore in my native Ireland. I also enjoy singing although it is a long time since my professional days. I am a self-confessed lifelong learner and strive to develop myself as much as I expect of my clients. Like many Irish people, I enjoy quality in conversations and I get a thrill from hearing of my clients’ successes!